THE SERENITY OF YOUR OWN POND
Come home to a natural piece of paradise in your own backyard. A water garden or pond enhances your life in a multitude of ways, it takes you out of your house and becomes the focal point of your outdoor living area - a conversation piece and place for relaxation and reflection.
A backyard pond has so many facets, it supports your local ecology, it’s educational, protective and mesmerizing and you will wonder why you didn’t do this sooner.
A backyard pond The Aquascape ecosystem ensures minimal maintenance and upkeep with maximum enjoyment.
Ecosystem ponds work with Mother Nature to provide food, shelter, and safety to the wildlife around it. It also provides an all-natural, low-maintenance piece of paradise. Every piece of the ecosystem puzzle must be present in order for a true ecosystem to be in place. Eliminate one of these elements and you’ve got an unbalanced ecosystem.
Check out the things you’ll need to get your ecosystem pond in perfect balance:
- Skimmer (mechanical filter): will not only pre-filter the water and house the pump; it will also skim debris from the water’s surface to prevent the accumulation of organic materials on the pond floor.
- BioFalls ® (biological filter): Provide surface area for beneficial bacteria to colonize and remove excess nutrients from the water.
- Pumps: an efficient circulation system will keep the water moving and provide the necessary oxygen levels for healthy fish and plants.
- Rocks and gravel: provide tremendous surface area for beneficial bacteria to break down excess nutrients in the water and dissolved organic debris on the pond floor.
- Fish: reduce pond maintenance as they graze on string algae and bottom feed on the pond floor. Fish also make very enjoyable pets, providing hours of natural entertainment.
- Plants: Mother Nature’s true filters, plants are great for adding character to a pond by providing color and texture, but from a filtration perspective, they’re second to none. Thriving from the excess nutrients in a pond and depriving algae of its food source, the aquatic plants in a water garden, given proper coverage, are critical for the overall health of the ecosystem.
How To Create a Beautiful Water Garden
A pond is made up of many different parts and when those parts are assembled together correctly, they form a beautiful and naturalistic work of art that changes personality with the time of day, the change of the seasons, and the moods of mother nature. Visit our blog & watch our videos to learn more.