Now is the perfect time to take your water garden dreams and turn them into reality! Whether you've already got some visions of improvement or it's your first pond, kick off planning with these ideas.
Your water feature is actually more like a living thing that is always evolving, so don’t be afraid to add on and change it as often as you want! Whether you simply move a couple small rocks in the waterfall - forcing the water to fall in a completely different direction, add some fun decorative spitters or go all out and add a 50-foot stream to your pond, the possibilities are almost endless.
If you’re looking to make your pond more captivating, a fountain could be the perfect addition! Not only will it make for an aesthetic feature in your pond, but its cascading flow of water helps increase oxygen in the pond – making sure that all aquatic life thrives.
Decorative fountains can also act as a standalone water feature in your outdoor space.
We have a variety of fountains to choose from so why not consider adding one (or two…maybe even three!) as an addition, that is sure to be admired by visitors!
Take some moments to reflect and get creative about what backyard oasis you'd love for yourself - then start planning! Transforming your imaginings into tangible plans will bring you one step closer to making this daydream come true.
Here are some questions to ask yourself before you renovate or build your first pond:
- What do you enjoy most about water gardening – the plants, fish, frogs, turtles, birds, or terrestrial landscaping? Build your dream pond with that as your emphasis.
- What places have you visited that look and feel “perfect” to you? A stream in the mountains? A spring in the woods? Recreate aspects of these places on a smaller scale.
- Where do you spend most of your time when you’re at home? Will you spend more time outside or inside? Plan with that in mind.
- What would make your yard a “paradise?”
- Would you like to be able to swim with your fish in a natural swimming pond?
- What do you like (or dislike) about your existing pond?
- Do you like the tropics? Find some rare plants and bring them into your own backyard.
We trust you’re now well on your way to creating or enhancing your own personal paradise. You can always start small with pond renovations and go from there - creating unique additions to your landscape as you gain new inspiration.
If you would like advice or assistance, get in touch with our amazing tribe of Certified Aquascape Contractors! With so many possibilities for enhancing your outdoor space, why not get creative?